The Towers Board of Directors
In 1919, a small but very enlightened group of Masons got together and decided that the Scottish Rite facilities located in the old James St. Masonic Temple were inadequate and that there was a need for a permanent home for the Scottish Rite in Hamilton. This group consisted of twenty-four individuals and through their combined efforts were able to raise in excess of 563,500.00. On June 11, 1920 the ownership of the Tuckett Estate including the dwelling house stables and grounds 2as transferred from the Estate Trustees to Towers Limited for the sum of $55,100.00.
Towers Limited, the corporation that holds the Scottish Rite property, received its Letters of Patent on April 73,1920. The Tuckett home was known as "The Towers" and this was the origin of the "Towers" name. The original members of the Board of Directors of Towers Limited were F. J. Howell, Honorary President, G. Moore, President, W.H. Davis, Vice President, W.M. Logan, Secretary, C.W. Cartwright, Treasurer, L.F. Stephens, Chairman Finance Committee, G.R. Lloyd, Chairman Campaign Committee, A.M.Cunningham, Chairman Building Committee, J.G. Gauld, D.G. Mcllwraith, F.J. Maw, and G. H. Levy. Towers Limited was superseded by Towers lnc. on December 31, !973. Today, the Towers Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and eight additional Directors. The Administrative Secretary is not a voting member of the Towers Board.