12) No 'Prentice shall be entered except according to the aforesaid regulations in order that the day of entry may be duly booked.
13) No master or fellow of craft shall be received or admitted without there being present six masters and two entered 'prentice, the warden of the lodge being one of the six, when the day of receiving the new fellow of craft or master shall be duly booked and his mark inserted in the same book, with names of six admitters and entered 'prentices, as also the names of the intenders which shall be chosen for every person so entered in the book of the lodge. providing always that no man be admitted without an essay and sufficient trial of his skill and worthiness in his vocation and craft.
14) No master shall engage in any mason work under the charge or command of any other craftsman who has undertaken the doing of any mason work.
15) No master or fellow of craft shall accept any cowan to work in his society or company, nor send any of his servants to work with cowans, under the penalty of twenty pounds as often as as any person offends in this matter.
16) It shall not be lawful for any entered 'Prentice to undertake any greater task or work for an employer, which amounts to as much as ten pounds, under the penalty just mentioned, to wit twenty pounds, and that task being done he shall not undertake any other work without license of the masters or warden where he dwells.
17) If any question, strife, or variance shall arise among any of the masters, servants, or entered 'prentices, the parties involved in such questions or debate shall make known the causes of their quarrel to the particular warden and deacon of their lodge, within the space of twenty-four hours, under the penalty of ten pounds, to the end that they may be reconciled and agreed and their variances removed by their said warden, deacon and masters; and if any of the said parties shall remain wilful or obstinate, they shall be deprived of the privilege of their lodge and not permitted to work thereat unto the time that they shall submit themselves to reason according to the view of the said wardens, deacons and masters.
18) All masters, undertakers of works, shall be very careful to see that the scaffolds and gangways are set and placed securely in order that by reason of their negligence and sloth no injury or damage may come to any person employed in the said work, under penalty of their being excluded thereafter from working as masters having charge of any work, and shall ever be subject all the rest of their days to work under or with an other principal master in charge of the work.
19) No master shall receive or house a 'Prentice or servant of any other master, who shall have run away from his master's service, nor entertain him in his company after he has received knowledge thereof, under penalty of forty pounds.
20) All persons of the mason craft shall convene at the time and place lawfully made know to them, under the penalty of ten pounds.
21) All the masters who shall happen to be sent to any assembly or meeting, shall be sworn by their great oath that they will neither hide nor conceal any faults or wrongs done to the employers on the work they have in hand, so far as they know, and that under penalty of ten pounds to be collected from the concealers of the said faults.
22) It is ordained that all the aforesaid penalties shall be lifted and taken up from the offenders and breakers of their ordinances by the wardens, deacons, and masters of the lodges where the offenders dwell, the moneys to be expended ad pios usus ( for charitable purposes) according to good conscience and by the advice of such wardens, deacons, and masters.
For the fulfilling and observing of these ordinances, as set down above, the master convened on the aforesaid bay bind and obligate themselves faithfully. Therefore they have requested their said Warden General to sign these ordinances by his own hand in order that an authentic copy hereof may be sent to every particular lodge within the realm.
(signed) WILLIAM SCHAW,
Master of the Work
(Maistir o/ Wark)