Scottish Rite Club
Banquet and Dining Facilities
Membership to this prestigious Club is open to all Master Masons and members of the Scottish Rite. Participation by member’s spouses is encouraged as well.
The Scottish Rite Club makes its home in the historic Scottish Rite building, built in 1895. Constructed by the Tuckett family of the Tuckett Tobacco Company, it was also used as Officers’ Quarters for the Third Canadian Contingent in 1915. In 1916, it was used for the Canadian Red Cross effort.
The licensed Club has fine dining, meeting and banquet facilities. The original woodwork has been carefully preserved over the decades to maintain the elegant atmosphere and heritage. Local craftsmen carefully designed the interior woodwork and furniture that includes oak, bird’s eye maple, birch and cherry.
Scottish Rite leaders bought the property in 1920 as a future location for the Scottish Rite in Hamilton. The Cathedral, considered to be one of the best of its type in North America, was opened and dedicated on the 7th of May 1923. Since then it has undergone significant modernization including new seating as well as sound, lighting and staging systems. The Cathedral is also home to a magnificent 2900 pipe Casavant Frères organ dating from 1923 and carrying Opus No. 972.
When designed, the architecture of the building seemed to dictate it being called “The Towers”. Appropriately, the Scottish Rite complex is owned by Towers Inc. which is controlled by the three Scottish Rite bodies.
The Cathedral, Ballroom and unique Round Room are available to the general public and provide an elegant setting for weddings, business meetings and special events. The grounds are well landscaped and surrounded by a Buckingham Palace style iron fence which was erected in 1904.
Functions from 10 to 300 people can be accommodated with ease. The Club’s professional staff would be pleased to provide complete information on a full range of services and membership inquiries. Feel free to make an appointment for a personal tour or come in and enjoy lunch in the Club’s dining room.
Please call or email:
The Scottish Rite Club,
4 Queen St. S.,
Hamilton ON L8P 3R3
The Scottish Rite Club of Hamilton comes from a rich Masonic history, and is situated in one of the most prestigious and beautiful buildings in the city of Hamilton.
Members of our private Club receive many benefits, including:
- Daily access to the Club, with its member exclusive Dining Room and fully licensed facilities* (* Advance notice is required for weekend access to Club facilities. Member-exclusive Dining Room is open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30a.m. to 1:30p.m. Reservations for Dinner are required at all times.)
- The Rite News” monthly newsletter, which includes information about upcoming Club and Masonic events
- Discounted ticket prices and preferred seating for all Club events
- Personal house account with signing privileges, for all of your food and beverage purchases at the Club
- Complimentary rental of Club Rooms for any private event* (* Club Rooms include the Reading Room, Coffee Room, Dining Room, Lounge, and Board Room. Complimentary rentals of the Round Room and Grand Ballroom are available with a minimum purchase.)
- Absolutely no minimum purchase requirements to maintain your Club membership, and no additional fees for spousal memberships!